Dec 8, 2009

WE ARE FINISHED!

We are officially finished with the living room remodel! YEAH!! It feels so good to have our house back. And now some awesome pics of how much better our front room looks-compared to the funky poo colored carpet we had before.


Here is the only pic I have of the fireplace before the remodel-Brent ripped it out before I could get one of just the fireplace.

This is the carpet we had before. It was so ugly and matted. The only good thing about it was that it didn't stain easily, honestly what's darker than poo brown. When we remodeled the front room(the 1st time) my hubby only wanted tile on one side. He wanted to keep carpet on the TV side for when we watched movies. I was so excited to finally get rid of it!

This is how awkwardly our front room was. The only spot for the TV was on this wall because the couch didn't fit anywhere else.

Here is where the couch use to be. And the old wall color we had. I didn't mind the wall color we just decided to change it for fun. (little did we know that it would take 2 ENTIRE DAYS to strip all 8 layers of wall paper this room had. And yes that is a textured wall paper on the walls-not actual texture.

And now my new room......with no fireplace!






I love the color on walls, they really make my shutters stand out.


And this is where my tv is, it works so much better.


we were a little worried if the tile would look good with the wood floor, but I think it does. It divides the two rooms.


My cute artwork I got from work. I love my new room!

4 comments:

Ciara said...

Looks great Monica! Love the new art!

TiffT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TiffT said...

Wow! You guys did a ton of work! It's looks really great! We'll have to come by sometime so I can actually see your whole house and not just by the pictures on your blog! :)

Sarah said...

WOW!! What a great difference. It looks wonderful.