Oct 24, 2009

Our remodel

I swear that before I hit my 30's this stupid house will get finished. Here are some pics of what we have been dealing with.

This is the only have decent picture I have of the fireplace before we started remodeling. We took it out because we never used it, it really wasn't the focus in the room, and it made it hard to fit the furniture in the room.

This is the fireplace now...
and this is what plaster walls look like that have been behind 5 layers of wallpaper. Yep 5 layers! It took 2 days to steam and scrape the wallpaper off.




We ripped out all the brick (well Brent did, and I watched) and what is left is the exhaust pipe from the stove.

Brent cut the pipe out and sealed up the hole.

I absolutely hate the adobe brick in this house. I can't hang anything on the walls because when you try to get a screw in, the brick just crumbles. And I have a huge mirror I can't hang downstairs because it is too heavy- grrrr!

I now know that having a 100 year old house comes with some issues. But honestly who paints hardwood floors! and they painted them twice. I don't know if you can tell, but there is a lime green and a taupe color painted over the dark hardwood floors.

I just keep saying this will all be worth it, this will all be worth it....right?

I will post more pics of the wonderful roof/bathroom remodel that is going on as well.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW!! Good luck with that and I am sure it will look great when you are done.

the Lola Letters said...

Right!