It's official....I am raising up the white flag. My house wins.
My hubby was on the roof a couple of weeks ago turning on the swamp cooler (for the first time all summer) and he almost fell through the roof. We have a very soft spot on our roof, and so we called in a claim with the insurance co to be replaced. The guy came out, took some measurements and left. A couple of days later we were told that they are not going to pay for it because it is a PRE-EXISTING CONDITION!
Of course we argue that if it was pre-existing then why wasn't it caught 3 years ago when we had the house inspected before we bought it.
Insurance co: no comment.
We were told by another insurance co to rip off the ceiling under the soft spot to check for mold. No mold-they will pay, mold-they won't pay.
We did that and called the company to send the guy back out to check for mold and were told it doesn't matter, mold or not, they won't pay for it.
House: 1
Smiths: 0
So because the house is extremely hot from no a/c we have the windows wide open. Yesterday I sat down by my front window and smelled something funky. I thought it was just my dog, and let it go (there is a reason why we call him stinky link) Then I noticed my carpet was wet, really wet. I looked a little closer and saw the wall had bubbles from water damage. I have a sprinkler that has been spraying into the house and now has ruined my carpet and wall.
House: 2
Smiths: 0
we called and filed claim number 2, didn't want another pre-existing condition issue to arise, but knowing the insurance co they will find another fine print way to get out of this one as well. Why do I even pay for homeowner's insurance, it hasn't helped us one bit.
So I officially raise my white flag and surrender to my house's flawless victory.
This little situation has caused me many sleepless nights staying awake stressing and now my lip broke out in cold sores, and my freak'n shingles came back...UGH!!!
My hubby was on the roof a couple of weeks ago turning on the swamp cooler (for the first time all summer) and he almost fell through the roof. We have a very soft spot on our roof, and so we called in a claim with the insurance co to be replaced. The guy came out, took some measurements and left. A couple of days later we were told that they are not going to pay for it because it is a PRE-EXISTING CONDITION!
Of course we argue that if it was pre-existing then why wasn't it caught 3 years ago when we had the house inspected before we bought it.
Insurance co: no comment.
We were told by another insurance co to rip off the ceiling under the soft spot to check for mold. No mold-they will pay, mold-they won't pay.
We did that and called the company to send the guy back out to check for mold and were told it doesn't matter, mold or not, they won't pay for it.
House: 1
Smiths: 0
So because the house is extremely hot from no a/c we have the windows wide open. Yesterday I sat down by my front window and smelled something funky. I thought it was just my dog, and let it go (there is a reason why we call him stinky link) Then I noticed my carpet was wet, really wet. I looked a little closer and saw the wall had bubbles from water damage. I have a sprinkler that has been spraying into the house and now has ruined my carpet and wall.
House: 2
Smiths: 0
we called and filed claim number 2, didn't want another pre-existing condition issue to arise, but knowing the insurance co they will find another fine print way to get out of this one as well. Why do I even pay for homeowner's insurance, it hasn't helped us one bit.
So I officially raise my white flag and surrender to my house's flawless victory.
This little situation has caused me many sleepless nights staying awake stressing and now my lip broke out in cold sores, and my freak'n shingles came back...UGH!!!
2 comments:
That totally sucks.
I love you... and your house. You need a vacation... to MN... with me.
Post a Comment