Jan 17, 2009

What has Oprah been smoking?


Alright, I admit I tried an Oprah book. This summer I was completely on a book reading kick. After reading all of the Twilight books for the third time, I was in desperate need of a new book. So I headed over to Barnes & Nobles for my next fix. I found The Hunger Games, it was amazing and so good. I finished it just as fast as Twilight. So I went online for some more recommendations. Well, needless to say I looked up Oprah's book list for some ideas. I ran across a book I thought sounded pretty good, The Tale of Edgar Sawtelle. And all I have to say is....

HONESTLY OPRAH WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?


This book dragged on for 550 pages! That's right 550 pages. And nothing really happened until the 300th page. I have never been so bored by book in my life, and that includes all the ones I had to read in high school. How could this book have made it on the her list. Did she even read it? But I will say this, I have definitely learned my lesson. I will stick with the employees at Barnes & Nobles, and my close friends. But never will I trust Oprah's book list again.

No comments: