Feb 8, 2009

Kangaroo Zoo!


Last week Rylee's preschool had a field trip to Kangaroo zoo in PG. I went last year and we all had a blast so of course, I had to sign up to go again this year. Well being the immature parent that I am, I went on every slide in the place, and usually before Ry did (she is afraid of heights so I had to show her that it was not scary). After 10 mins Ry was going down every slide and having a blast. A couple of Ry's classmates thought it was fun to try and beat me down the slide.





There is a picture at the top of the slide that shows you how you should go down the slide (which was feet first and your arms folded). So rylee decided to do it to.


Going up the big slide and to my surprise- no plumber's butt. She really has a problem with that




See...we continually tell her to pull her pants up, and she will only wear a belt once in awhile.






This is Anya, she is so cute!


This is Zach and Ry. Ok so I pulled a "Monica" with Zach (I got that from the sitcom Friends, but it so explains me sometimes). So Zach's mom is really protective of him and sort of paranoid. On his first day of preschool, which was a month after preschool started, I was there to help with an activity, and his mom sat there a watched how the teacher was with her kid. He was all over the place and couldn't concentrate at all. Well she kept telling Miss Shaneen how to handle him and the best thing to do when he acts like this and that. I was thinking, "Lady this teacher is great will all types of kids, and I am sure she knows how to handle him" I just kept thinking, "you keep acting like this and you are going to turn him into the biggest mommas boy ever". I should have known by now that you should
NEVER ASSUME
anything. Well....come to find out he is Autistic. Yes I know I pulled a "Monica" and I have done this before (don't even get me started with the blind customer I had at work, that's an embarrassing story) But anyways Zach can't handle a lot of situations most kids can. And since I was such a jerk for thinking his mom is crazy we did whatever Zach wanted. So needless to say I now have a new buddy in Ry's class, and he didn't leave my side the rest of the day, which was unusual for him. Oh please don't let me go to hell for this one!



The blow up slides have holes on them where some of the air escapes, Ry just didn't like having it in her face, go figure!

She gets red in the face just like her dad does.

No comments: